Letter of Recommendation One
Letter of Recommendation Two
Letter of Recommentation Three
Originally from Buffalo, New York, Jason Hartrich started his career working in healthcare and government funded programs publicizing cancer research and awareness at Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY. Finding his way to California, Jason worked with innovators and political activists such as Joe Cerrell, Dr. Bill Dorfman, Susan G. Komen, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Pfizer, United Health and the University of Nevada’s Dr. Elizabeth Fields to further their presence and work within the community. With his passion for socio-economic issues and addictions, Jason began strategizing, re-branding and market the Nevada Tobacco Users’ Helpline gaining philanthropy endorsements from statewide health coalitions, local NASCAR owner and Nevada State Health Division to further the presence and surpass grant goals for incoming patients using “Big Tobacco” Settlement dollars. Working with statewide healthcare coalitions, North America Quitline Consortium and CDC we were able to cease the use of smoking where children under the age of five were present. Winning the tobacco legislative fight in Nevada, Jason sought USAID funds to target social reform and awareness within minority groups and is currently partnering with local charitable organizations, entertainment powerhouses, law firms and lobbyists to further national issues.
Resourceful Marketing Strategist with over ten years of providing overall direction, coordination and implementation of marketing projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, policy and goals. A track record of increased revenue and customer base, extensive experience with brand management, advertising marketing initiatives, grants writing, collateral development, corporate communications and creative direction.
B2B and B2C Account Management ● Marketing/Communication Strategies
Market and Performance Research ● Brand Development ● Product and Service Marketing
Crisis Communication ● Grant Writing ● SEO Copywriting ● Budget Administration
Project Management ● MRM – Automation System ● Collateral Development/Tracking
Print/Graphic Design Vendor Relations ● Keynote Speaker ● Team Leadership
KAISER PERMANENTE, Burbank, CA (8/2011 to Present)
The largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in the United States.
Marketing Communications Project Manager II – Medicare
• Manage CMS “Stars Campaign” across Medicare business line. Interface with key stakeholders on “high profile” marketing campaigns that provide one KP voice.
• Provides project direction to client, team, or functional partners to ensure completion within project parameters including budget, schedule, and KP objective.
• Develops formal project work plans, deploys tactics, and aligns work and messaging for project. Owner of marquee level and non-marquee level creative briefs.
• Continually evaluate project components for effectiveness against criteria and develop alternative solutions as required.
• Serves as liaison between internal stakeholders and client as well as between internal legal and CMS.
• Responsible for NCO Audit and complying with CMS requirements.
• Plans, facilitates, and leads strategic planning efforts with Line of Business for upcoming year objective and aligns book of business to achieve those goals.
• Manages training and gives performance feedback to support staff.
Consultant Services, Los Angeles, CA (5/2010 to 12/2011)
Consulted on projects in marketing communications, public relations and event coordination in the healthcare, not-for profit, and entertainment and government sectors. Clients include – Make-A-Wish Foundation, United Health, Nevada Care, Stereo D, AeroVironment, Walt Disney, American Data Company, and Silver & Freedman Attorneys.
• Worked with in-house project team to lead initiatives from conception to implementation, monitoring progress - using
reporting and tracking systems and updating with bi-weekly reporting system.
• Established and managed relationships with third-party vendors and public relations agencies; maintained
integrity of the organizations brand, mission and project goals.
• Authored government grants to educate minority and other socio-economic groups per grantor objectives.
• Researched business and consumer behaviors; recommended specific solutions incorporating organizations
short and long-term goals by using Google Analytics and market segmentation tools.
• Coordinated industry trade show attendance with booth logistics and updated marketing collateral along with managing training sessions with Webinars and in-house sessions.
MAIN STREET PICTURES, INC., Hollywood, CA (1/2007 to 5/2010)
An entertainment company that develops feature film, TV and new media projects.
Director of Marketing Communications
Oversaw all marketing projects and implementation of project, goals and deliverables, including corporate
branding and positioning. Defined market segments and executed marketing plans, leveraging partnerships.
Managed a cohesive brand image for MSP and animation projects, developed and executed project objectives
along with work virtually with creative consultants/print houses throughout the life-cycle of the projects, including
the development of budget proposals and budget administration.
• Leveraged relationships with the media and online outlets to create the “buzz” for an online Seth
MacFarlane project, which increased website viewership by utilizing Google Adsense – new media.
• Authored a $3 million USAID grant for an animation comic book.
• Compiled market performance research for future animation feature projects to forecast profitability.
• Utilized marketing automation system (MRM) to streamline marketing collateral projects and implemented quality
control measures to ensure an on-time and on-budget delivery.
UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA, SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, Las Vegas, NV (5/2004 to 1/2007)
Marketing and Communications Manager
Developed and executed cutting edge marketing/communication plans, reintroducing the treatment services, of
the Nevada Tobacco Users’ Helpline. Instrumental in the development of brand image which included logo,
promotional collateral, marketing strategies and building relationships with key community stakeholders. Authored
communication materials, including newsletter articles, press releases, brochures, proposals and website content.
• Increased patient base by 70% and surpassed grant goals by 121% by repositioning the Helpline.
• Partnered with Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Pfizer, NASCAR, Station Casinos, Southern Nevada Health District
and the Susan G. Komen Foundation to promote medical consultations along with Banyon Communications
on a CDC national online campaign and community – www.1800QuitNow.org
• Lobbied to pass proposition #5 to cease smoking in establishments frequented by children under age of
• Managed development of a patient information database and MRM system to streamline trafficking and
development of materials while ensuring consistency of materials with branding/policy guidelines.
DISCUS DENTAL, INC., Los Angeles, CA (6/2002 to 3/2004)
A company that offers endodontic and oral hygiene products.
Online Marketing Manager, Media Services Group
Coordinated the marketing development of the design of an online store website, which involved user-friendly
design; search engine optimization techniques to increase organic lead generation and content of website.
Executed email campaigns and promotions. Took advantage of new industry trends and opportunities. Used
database-tracking tools to measure and analyze the results of online marketing.
• By using my contribution to the website; Discus Dental increased online sales by 25% within the first
• Attended trade shows promoting the Discus Dental brand along with promoting the new consumer
Regional Communications Manager
Created cross-promotions for a variety of dental products and rollouts; used media impressions systems,
such as CisionPoint/Bacon and Lexis Nexis to capitalize on newsworthy stories. Submitted news copy
through News Wire, Media Distribution Services and editorial calendars. Originated comprehensive
marketing plans and utilized creative briefs to implement strategies.
• Promoted from Regional Communications Manager to Online Marketing Manager.
• Increased revenue by 50% by executing direct mail, TV, radio, and print ad campaigns along with the
development of Zoom Whitening marketing collateral for dentist offices.
• Managed marketing creative budgets of up to $500,000.
CERRELL ASSOCIATES, INC., Los Angeles, CA (5/2001 to 6/2002)
A public relations agency that provides political and government relations consulting services.
Account Executive/Office Manager
Developed PR strategies to re-elect city council member and judges. Wrote and pitched press releases for
special events. Created all invitations, programs and signage for events. Managed office, providing
administrative oversight and intern supervision.
EDUCATION AND RECOGNITIONS
Masters of Business Administration – Emphasis in Strategic Leadership
Amberton University, Dallas, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Communication – Emphasis in Marketing and Urban Planning
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Awards and Affiliations
• Recipient of Cambridge Who’s Who 2008-2009 Honoree
• Recognition from Centers for Disease Control for marketing materials targeting minority groups in Nevada
• American Marketing Association (AMA) – Member – Southern California and Orange County
• Public Relations Society of America – Member – Los Angeles, CA and Las Vegas, NV
• Alumni Mentoring Program – Mentor – SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY